Sooooo… Yes! We do include wedding planning assistance in our all-inclusive wedding packages but by no means is the assistance we offer comparable to that of an actual wedding planner. Our team is here to help guide you through the wedding planning process, i.e. make sure you get your menu, cake, linens, lighting, and centerpieces (if you are using ours) chosen. We help keep you organized with payments and get your headcount in on time. We can also recommend other vendors such as photographers, DJs, and florists if you need assistance. But, if your needs fall above and beyond this scope, for example, if you need someone to set up intricate table arrangements, backdrops, lounge furniture, add items/decor to your ceremony space OR if you need help hiring, budgeting or planning beyond what we offer in our package, then you should consider hiring a planner. Here are 10 benefit to having this person on your wedding planning team:
10. Sounding Board — Wedding planners are a huge creative resource. They listen to your vision and dreams for your wedding and bring their creativity and Rolodex to the process to help your vision come alive.
9. Wedding Planners Save the Day — A wedding planner can keep your wedding on track, without any items falling behind on schedule as well as put out fires on issues that can cause larger problems, i.e deal with late vendors, wardrobe malfunctions, and more!
8. Budgeting — Wedding planners have been in the industry for a long time. They know what things should cost and the difference in value. They can help you navigate wedding industry price tags and balance your budget around YOUR priorities.
7. Enjoyable Process — If you tend to be the overwhelmed type, a planner can give you that extra level of comfort through your wedding planning process. Give your planner all the jobs you don’t want to do; Let them communicate with your vendors, set up your appointments, be your BFF through it all! Planning your wedding is supposed to be an enjoyable process. A good wedding planner helps you enjoy the journey.
6. Mediator — A good planner serves as a buffer in tricky relational situations. It’s a known fact that it’s impossible to make everyone happy when planning a wedding. A planner is a safe neutral person to point to for direction. It’s easier to tell your future mother-in-law, “My planner thinks we need to …” instead of “I think we should …”
5. Timeline — Your wedding day will involve numerous vendors who need to work together to ensure that the day goes smoothly. A planner understands how each vendor relies on the others and serves as the team captain who coordinates the complexities of the timeline with all its moving parts.
4. Knowledge Base — Planners have been in the industry for years and are experts in the protocol, etiquette, and everything it takes to pull off an event of such magnitude. They are a HUGE and readily accessible resource for education. Ask them all the questions you have, even down to who should make it to the guest list or not.
3. Background — In addition to possessing a wealth of knowledge, planners have been in the industry long enough to know who the great vendors are, who can be trusted and who’s the best to hire for what. A referral from someone who has roots in the industry is GOLD when you’re having to place such a high level of trust in those you don’t know.
2. Save $ — Sometimes discounts don’t appear on paper. If a planner is working with a vendor and she doesn’t like their work, you can be sure she is going to demand things be changed, added, or taken out and you are not going to pay. Vendors want to please the planner because they are repeat business, couples are not. Aiming to please a planner is what vendors do so they can get more repeat business.
And the #1 reason to hire a wedding planner is …
1. Stress — The difference in the stress level of a bride who has a professional planner and one who doesn’t is palpable. When it comes to the day of your wedding, the most important thing is that you are able to relax and enjoy it. You are the bride. You don’t want to end up being the point person for issues and questions that will inevitably arise. Hiring a planner frees you and everyone you love to live in the moment on your wedding day.